Linespacing doesn't work

Previous topic - Next topic

mieren

Hello All!
This is my first post on the forum and I am new to Scribus as well. I've been reading up on it in the Wiki and watching some videos by Craig Maloney. So far, it seems like a pretty great tool.

However, I am having difficulty with the linespacing tool. I am trying to modify the linespacing of text in a text box. I go to properties-->text and the linespacing button is grayed out. I can still click on it and get the menu, but I cannot change the checkboxes in the menu.

Am I missing something on how to apply this tool?

Thanks,
Mieren

Meho R.

Really strange. Which version of Scribus and which operating system are you using?

Generally, it is enough to select a text frame (or some text in a text frame, if you want to change line spacing only for a paragraph or two) and in Properties window select one of three options for line spacing (but only "Fixed Linespacing" allows you to change values, while other two do not). I have no problems with this on Linux, Scribus 1.4.0rc5. So, if you're using version 1.3.3.x, my first suggestion would be to try a newer version. 1.4.0rc5 works really good. And if you still have problems, then try attaching an example .sla file which shows the issue, for testing purposes.