How to insert JPG into multiple master pages?

Previous topic - Next topic

tiimi

Hi,

if I create a master page for odd pages and a master page for even pages with an image frame, because I need different X-Y-positions. How do I import the multiple odd JPG's and the multiple even JPG's into the pages with image frames?
I cant use "Get Image" manually for 400 pages!?
Thank you very much.

Nermander

What kind of function do you expect? If you want a unique image on each page, you will have to tell Scribus the file name of the image for each page.

Note though that you can not use a image frame on  Master Pages for this, Master Pages in Scribus is a page background, not a page template.

I think the scrapbook or using the Page->Copy function would be more useful here (but Page->Copy does not seem to handle left/right pages well).

soakedlontra

Hi! I am trying to add an image from scrapbook onto a page. When I drag the image from the scrapbook  to the page and drop it I get a red frame with the name of the file in the middle but not the image itself.

Am I missing something?

Betty

soakedlontra

I have found this video that looks promising:

http://dai-videotutes.blogspot.com/2010/05/scribus-scrapbook.html

well it doesn't help but I have learnt something new: group and ungroup! :)

GarryP

Betty, I've a feeling that this is a bug in Scribus.

The workflow I recreated the issue with is as follows:
* Create an image frame.
* Put an image into it.
* Open the Scrapbooks palette.
* Create a new scrapbook.
* Copy the image frame to the scrapbook.
* Drag the "image" from the scrapbook.

A new image frame showing a red cross and the image name is created like you said.

Looking within the scrapbook itself, the SCE references a file within a folder within the scrapbook that doesn't exist (the folder is there, just not the image file within it). For some reason the actual image file isn't being copied into the relevant folder for use later.

I've not done extensive testing but I'd say this was a bug. If there's a option in Preferences or wherever that fixes this then it isn't anywhere obvious where I can see it. (Or maybe I'm just using it wrong.)

The workaround would be to create the image frames from scratch but, obviously, that's not much help.

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone else can help you better.

P.S. The video you linked to won't play properly for me for some reason so I can't tell if it covers images and I've never tried using images with the scrapbook myself before today so I'm no expert.

Addendum: I've just tried saving the scrapbook under a different name - just to see if the Save function made a difference - but that didn't work either.

soakedlontra

The problem occurs with image files, I can drop text or other objects from the scrapbook. I can also drop images by using the insert button  the scrapbook.

I am also having other problems I thing there is more than one bug going around.

I think there is a thread here where you can report bugs. I'll do that.

Thanks anyway

Betty