Need help with text form field & angles

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicanor

When I create a text field and rotate it to 30 degrees when I export it to a PDF the text field will sit at 0 degrees. Is this possible? Is there a work around?

utnik

hi nicanor

just tested on my system (macOS 10.9.4 /n scribus 1.4.4) – rotated text fields are exported at their specified angels.
i cann't remember a problem with rotated frames in earlier scribus versions or on other operating systems (i work with ubuntu, windows and macOS...)

...looks like a problem with your installation (or with this specific file...)

utnik

Nermander

Or a problem with the PDF viewer used.

Always try Adobe Reader for debugging.

Nicanor

Thanks for your help,

Utnik, I just want to confirm you tried using a PDF Form text field not just a text field?

I am on Mac OS 10.6.8,  Scribus 1.4.2. & using Adobe Reader 10.0.07 to view.

I created a blank new document, added a PDF text form frame. Rotated to 30 degrees, Exported and the frame is at 0 degrees on the PDF.

I'll try updating Scribus.

utnik

hi nicanor

sorry – i didn't try with a form field. your first post wasn't clear to me...
my work is narmally for printing, so i don't use form fields. but i've just tested to export a rotated form field. it looks like there is some problem – the rotation is lost!

utnik

Nicanor

Hi Utnik. Sorry, you're right my original post wasn't very clear. Thanks for confirming that rotating a form field doesn't work. I'll have to figure out another solution/layout.

Thanks again.