1.44 columns

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill N

I do not see where to edit the number of columns under text frame (F2) shapes?

utnik

hi bill

try 'properties'(f2) → 'text' → 'columns & text distances'...

utnik

Bill N

Thanks, How do I find 1.4.4 documentation? I seem to have found the old stuff.  Thanks so much.

utnik

hi bill

yes, the official documentation is partly outdated. but search engines will lead you to newer manuals...
in the download section of learn-creative.com you'll find a scribus guide for the version 1.4.0 – almost the same as the actual version. (the great new feature in 1.4.4 is the export as .pdf/x-1a...)

utnik

TuxfordC

Quote from: utnik on August 17, 2014, 06:38:57 PM
you'll find a scribus guide for the version 1.4.0 – almost the same as the actual version. (the great new feature in 1.4.4 is the export as .pdf/x-1a...)

utnik

Hi utnik,
               Many thanks for that, even tho' I'm working in Linux not Mac., there's much good information in that guide.  I had figured out most
of the pdf export details myself and am pleased to see that I was on the right path.  Got a bit confused until  I realised  that the pdf file page numbers were not necessarily the same as my document's page numbering because I am printing  the 'doc in sections.  The ability to easily
pdf export each page as a separate file in one run is very very useful when working with the proof stage.

Tuxford.