Some kind of light surround an object - I'cant turn it off?

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjarne

Hi, Please help me and explain how I can get rid of the light which surround an object, see attached photo.
As you can see I quite new in Scribus.
Thank you in advance.
BR
Bjarne

[attachment deleted by admin]

GarryP

Bjarne, would it be possible for you to supply the image you're using?

I've a feeling that part of the problem has something to do with the way transparency was added to the image.

In GIMP, for example, if the fuzzy select tool is used to select the background it can - under various conditions - add transparency to pixels that aren't part of the background. Then that can cause problems later.

If you look where the plant crosses the green rectangle, the plant loses some of its own dark colour and takes on the lighter colour of the rectangle. This suggests to me that transparency has been added where it is not wanted, or in a way that was not expected.

I'd suggest getting the original image and re-isolating it from the background again using a different selection/isolation process.

This could also get rid of the weird bright line which looks like some kind of logical operation has been applied by the rendering mechanism - something I've not seen before when not using the blend modes - in some strange way to both the image and the image frame, which is very odd (has your image frame got a coloured border?).

Anyway, see if you can fix the transparency issue and see if that fixes the other issue into the bargain. (It might not, but one problem at a time.)

P.S. I hope I've understood the problem correctly. There's not really enough screenshot to give a good impression of what's there so I could be missing something.

P.P.S. Also check that the layer the image is on has the "Blend mode" set to "Normal" (menu "Windows -> Layers").

Bjarne

Dear Garry

Thank you very much for your answer and you are right I did have the Blend Mode on "Lighten". I must have turn that on by mistake. Now everything is fine with "Normal" Blend Mode.

You saved my day. Thank you  ;)

Best regards
Bjarne

GarryP

You're welcome.

Sorry you had to read through so much transparency rubbish to get to the answer though. (Not sure what my thinking was there.)