Page Numbering

Previous topic - Next topic

TuxfordC

Greetings.  I'm very new to Scribus and am running Vsn 1.4.4 on Linux MX-14.2.  Have been writing with Lyx/Latex for some years,
and after several trials found that using an intermediate step of   *.odt, is a trouble free method  for  Lyx to Scribus text transfers.
Not so sure about the graphics, still working on them.

Having trouble adding page numbers in what will be a 60 page A4 document. Have created Text boxes for them on the Left and Right Master
pages but having no joy in adding the numbers. I note that the Key sequence for adding a page number to the Master has changed and
think (hope?) that I used the correct one,  Crtl Alt #  but nothing appears.  Have looked through  Forum on this subject but nothing has
solved things.

TuxfordC.

utnik

hello tuxford

the correct shortcut is: ctrl+alt+shift+p – or the menu entry: 'insert' → 'character' → 'page number'.

utnik

TuxfordC

Thank you utnik. 

I am half way there. The menu entry sequence worked for the left master page, but on the right hand master - which is
the first page - 'Character' is greyed out in the menu. Will persevere and and hopefully find out why.

TuxfordC.

TuxfordC

A double click on the relevant text frame fixed it - 'Character' is now active in menu.

Thanks for help.

Tuxford.