half page booklet on letter sheets

Previous topic - Next topic

Pance

I'm new to Scribus.... and I have a couple of basic questions:

1. I want to create a booklet where the pages are 5.5 x 8.5 inches, but I want the final printout on 8.5 x 11 sheets. What's the best way to work in Scribus? ... custom 5.5 x 8.5 inches pages (portrait) or standard 8.5 x 11 (landscape)? I've heard that maybe I have to use a different tool to perform "imposition". If so what's the best imposition tool?

2. The text comes from a wordprocesser, which is about 30 pages. Is there an easy way to import all the text and have it automatically laid out in 30 pages? Or do I have to do each page manually (and link text frames one at a time)?

I'm using Scribus ver 1.4.0 on Linux computer.

Thanks.

GarryP

Hello Pance, and welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't help with your first question - I don't do physical printing - but I know there are other forum regulars who will be able to help you.

With regards to your second question, there's an option on the "New Document" dialog called "Automatic Text Frames". If you check this option you can load the text into the frame on the first page - right-click the frame and choose "Get Text..." - then use "Page -> Insert..." to keep adding new pages a few at a time - which will then automatically add new text frames (one per page) and link each to the previous one - until you've got enough to hold all of your your text.

The only issue with this is that all of your frames start off sized the same and you need to change them as necessary, but that's probably less of a chore than manually creating frames and linking them as you go.