question on larger font size and hollow outline look

Previous topic - Next topic

tvmaly

I am trying to figure out how to use larger font sizes.  When I set the font size to a large value, the text appears hollow as if it was just an outline.  I wanted the text to be a solid color.  What am I doing wrong?   I am attaching a screenshot.

Best regards,

Ty

[attachment deleted by admin]

GarryP

Ty, unfortunately the bit of the 'Text' tab of the 'Properties Palette' that would have been most revealing is not shown on your screenshot.

Have you checked that the 'Outline' function - third icon from the left, in 'Colour and Effects', just above 'Style Settings' - has not been activated, possibly by mistake?

Also, I can't tell if the settings you show in 'Properties' apply to the text frame on the screenshot. (I would normally expect to see 'drag control points' - little red squares at the major compass points - within a selected text frame and they're not there.) And 12pt isn't a large size for Arial.

Have you tried doing the same thing on a fresh document? Do you get the same results?

tvmaly

There must have been something wrong on that layer.  I created a new layer and the problem went away.   I checked that the outline was not checked.