Does anyone know if using EPS images to make PDF is problem with any RIP?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jupeku

Does anyone know if using EPS images to make PDF is problem with any RIP? how i can know it. I dont know where i print my book(s). Which is basic reason why i cannot ask.

utnik

hi jupeku

Quote from: Jupeku on June 29, 2014, 06:45:56 AM
Does anyone know if using EPS images to make PDF is problem with any RIP?

it depends on the content of the .eps file (and on the .pdf version).
when you export your .pdf file you'll find a checkbox to 'embed pdf & eps files'

• if you check this box, your .eps files won't be touched by scribus (and by its color management) – the embedded files could stay in a completely wrong color space
  • if it's unchecked, the placed .eps files will be treated as images (rendered and color managed). this might be a problem for .eps files with text and vector content
as long as you don't know how and where you'll print your book, i see a high probability for problems – at least for mixed content .eps files fram an unknown source (unknown color spaces...)

utnik

Jupeku

i converted them cmyk colours using Scribus tools and they are text and vectors. they look fine in my display and when i print.

Jupeku

I found using so many and so complex eps images (like 54 or even 81 for example) is way too slow for me.