Levels and groups adverse behaviour?

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_p

1.4.0rc5 on Windows XP

I came across some odd behaviour which is quite easily recreated:

1/ create 4 text frames on a blank new page and add text to each one.

2/ group them.

3/ rename the group

4/ select one of the text frames (I used the outline dialog for this), and try to change the item's level either through the item:level menu or through the properties dialog. (might not happen for the first or last in the group)

What happens:
-  The page goes blank
-  the item disappears from the outline dialog
-  the group's name reverts to it's original name
-  a polygon appears in the group (shown in the outline dialog) with the name given to the group in step 3 above.

I've attemted to recreate the same problem in 1.5.0svn on Ubuntu (latest snapshot) but the behvaiour is different. The attempt to change levels simply does nothing.

I've had a look though the changelog and can't find any mention of this being changed so I don't know whether this is a difference between platforms or versions.

Can someone try to recreate it on some other platform/version combinations please?

Meho R.

Recreated on Debian Linux, Scribus 1.4.0rc5. Not only page goes blank, but the PDF output is blank too. Please let devs know about this either by mentioning the issue on mailing list and/or filing a bug report while there's still time.

mike_p

Thanks for confirming!

QuotePlease let devs know about this either by mentioning the issue on mailing list and/or filing a bug report while there's still time.

I have followed your advice: reported on the mailing list and was immediately instructed to register for mantis etc.

Being a nice, easy-going, obedient bloke, I have followed all instructions: It's now in the bug tracker.
As it's my first bug report for Scribus I'll be watching intently to see how it goes!

a.l.e