Undo/Redo option greyed out

Previous topic - Next topic

Karela

I am working on a document and the undo/redo is greyed out.

I have several other documents that I am working on, and this is the only one with this problem. I am sure it was there when I started working, so I have probably inadvertently done something...

utnik

hi karela

this is a bit strange. afaik 'undo/redo' is one of the rare functions that isn't stored in the file – so it should work with all documents or with none of them...
you'll find the standard switch under 'preferences' → 'document' → 'undo/redo' – if the box is checked, try to uncheck and recheck it (or open the .sla file with a simpe text editor and search for 'undo' – if you find something, try to change the settings there – but work on a copy of your file!)

utnik

Karela

Working on a document today and had exactly the same problem; some of the documents refused to undo, the option was greyed out, others working just fine.

Even stuck it in the text editor-no mention of "undo" anywhere...

In the end, I opted for the simple option of closing Scribus and re-opening it. Worked like a charm!

Am I the only one who leaves their programmes open for weeks on end? Interesting to know if they just get "tired" and stop working properly (just like we do), because this is not the first problem that I have resolved this way.