images importing with changes to colour and layers

Previous topic - Next topic

Karela

I am trying to import an image and Scribus is changing the image dramatically!

I am importing an file showing grasses (made with a stamp in photoshop) and the first time it showed all the grass as being bright ORANGE (it is green in reality). I went back to the file in photoshop, flattened it, saved it as tiff and re-imported it, only this time it is missing two of the layers- i.e. the bottom half!

Every time I go back to photoshop, the image is exactly as it should be, green and complete.

Importing images should be a no-brainer, something I have done a million times so I am not sure where I am going wrong...

utnik

hi karela

i don't see a way to help without access to your document. (.sla and placed image file)

utnik

Karela

Here is the tiff that I imported as well as what it currently looks like in Scribus. It should be a green gradient down to the logos. (which are a bit messy because they are still a work in progress).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Karela

can't seem to upload a tiff, so here is a jpeg to show what it should look like!

utnik

hi karela

you uploaded the .sla file – but none of the images...

utnik

edit: with the .jpg file it looks ok. see screenshot!

Karela

Our replies must have crossed! Sorry, it took me a while to figure out that I couldn't upload the actual image because it was a .tiff.

utnik

you could upload .tiff files as .zip archives...

utnik

Karela

Is it clear from the jpeg or would it be better to upload the tiff as a zip?

utnik

hi karela

take a look at my screenshot and tell me what's wrong. i don't see anything unusual (except of the fact that the .jpg comes with a resolution as low as 34 ppi...)

utnik

Karela

Utnik, your screenshot is beautiful....but does it look anything like what you see in my .sla file?

The low resolution is because before I noticed that it was not possible to upload .tiffs I thought that the problem was that my file was too large, so I made it very low resolution.

utnik

this is a screenshot of your .sla file with the placed (and enlarged) .jpg file – i don't have any of the other images...

for a real check of the issue you could upload the whole project ('file' → 'collect for output' then compress the whole folder to a .zip file...)

utnik

Karela

Collected for output and zipped. I took off the logos because they made it too heavy.

utnik

hi karela

still no other problem than the low resolution. at least i'm not able to spot it – sorry!

utnik

Karela

Utnik, on the screen shot that you sent before with the jpeg and the one you sent now there is a huge difference between the two files- the one with the jpeg shows the image accurately and the one with the tiff has the bottom layers missing (the solid green gradient).

Here is the compressed tiff I am trying to import.

utnik

hi karela

Quote from: Karela on May 22, 2014, 09:46:55 PM...there is a huge difference between the two files...
...the one with the tiff has the bottom layers missing (the solid green gradient).
yes, there is a difference. but it's your file...
even in gimp or photoshop i can't find different layers, but an alpha channel wich cuts the bottom part – what do you expect?

(the screenshot shows photoshop cs4.)

utnik