Master Page creation - .eps file as bockground

Previous topic - Next topic

marto1971

Hi Everyone

i'm a newbie so please forgive me if i've missed this elsewhere

I am trying to create a booklet document comprising of around 32 pages, a5 double sided.

what i want to do is set up master pages, left and right for my booklet, however the file i have containing my background is a4 sized and contains the left and right page background.

Can i add this as an image and then convert to left and right master pages.

i've attached my image as a jpg

Thanks for your help

[attachment deleted by admin]

GarryP

You can do what you want quite easily but it needs an extra step which you might not think you need.

First edit the left-hand master page and add your background image, in your case aligning it to the top-left of the page.
Then edit the right-hand master page and add your background again, in your case aligning it to the top-right of the page.

If you don't do the second step you'll see the image across both pages when viewing in Scribus but when you export to PDF the right-hand page will have no background. It's just a "feature" of Scribus that you've got to remember.

I've attached a hastily-created simple example SLA and PDF that you can look at.

[attachment deleted by admin]

marto1971

Brilliant, thank you.

one further question how do i align the image to the top right.

Thanks.

GarryP

To align something to the top-left of the page:

1. Select whatever you want to align.
2. Choose menu "Windows -> Align and Distribute".
3. Select the "Align" tab.
4. Choose "Relative to: Page".
5. Press the icon that has the yellow line on the left - "Align left sides".
6. Press the icon that has the yellow line at the top - "Align tops".

To align something to the top-right of the page, repeat the above as necessary but press the "Align right sides" icon instead of the left one.

To align stuff to something else change the "Relative to:" setting.