Printing bottom to top

Previous topic - Next topic

cardioid

In my layout, I have several lines of text I'd like aligned to the bottom of the page.

I have aligned the text frame, but that doesn't help me much, since the text inside the frame still prints from top to bottom. In the text tools of the properties window I can't find anything that would do the trick. How to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Stefan

GarryP

Stefan, Scribus currently - 1.4.3 - doesn't do vertical alignment of text other than top-to-bottom. It's a feature that's been asked for a few times - see http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1266.0.html for example.

I'm sure that I read somewhere - I think it was on Google+ - that 1.5.0svn, or some version of it, has some extra vertical alignment functionality but I've not looked into it.

If you give a more detailed idea of what you want maybe someone could suggest a work-around in the meantime.

cardioid

Hi GarryP,

thanks for jumping in. At least it looks like I didn't overlook anything!

My project is a DVD cover and apart from the normal display text I'd like to have a few small lines with credits, copyright info etc. on the bottom of the flip side. Printing from top to bottom means I need to eyeball where it should be which is possible, but I'd have a better feeling knowing the bottom is properly aligned with the graphics.

Any ideas - seems like a very basic thing to do, no?

Stefan

Nermander

Use a separate text frame for it?

cardioid

Quote from: Nermander on May 16, 2014, 01:09:02 PM
Use a separate text frame for it?
Yep, I already did that. It reduces the problem, but does not get rid of it, unfortunately. I have made the frame as small as possible and aligned it so it looks ok on the screen. Looks like this is my best option right now.

Thanks,
Stefan

Nermander

It would probably be nice with a feature to align text to a guide, but I can't think of how if would be handled for multi line frames...

GarryP

Stefan, I'm having a little trouble trying to work out what the problem you're having is.
Would it be possible for you to attach an image (or whatever) of what you're trying to achieve vs. what you're doing?
It may be that you're not doing things the easiest way.