Editing in gimp

Previous topic - Next topic

mozart999uk

So.......I edit an image in scribus which opens up Gimp.  I save the image in gimp (in the default location - temp) but when I return to Scribus and choose update image - no change.

Should I be saving in a certain location?

utnik

hi mozart

when you save an image in gimp, it usually produces a gimp file (with the extension .xcf) – if you like to have your image file auto updated in scribus, it has to replace the old file. (same file name, same file type and same place in the file system...)
if you save it this way (by overwriting the old file), you'll lose the unchanged file –  so think about a backup first!

utnik

Nermander

In Scribus images are normally linked, if you save the image in another location Scribus will not be aware of that (because there is no way for Gimp to tell Scribus where the image is located).

mozart999uk

Thanks for the replies. 

I realise that what I had done was paste directly from a screen print into Scribus which I guess meant the image files were in the temp folder.  Should have pasted them into Gimp first and saved them out that way ......Just seemed a bit of a long winded way initially....

grols

Save the file under a different name or in a different folder