Help Creating a Multipage Imposition

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyG

Hello all. I am new to Scribus but not to desktop publishing. I do several multipage small magazines and am looking for help in doing the imposition for the printer in pdf format.  I have installed pdf split and merge and can split the many pages into invidual pdfs.  However, when I go back into Scribus to arrange the sheets in proper order to print, the Master Page elements are blurry. Is there a good way to use Master Page elements and create a good imposition for the printer? I do kind of miss the "print booklet" function of InDesign. . .

Nermander

If you use Scribus for imposition you need to be sure to check the "embed PDF in PDF (experimental)" checkbox in the PDF export dialog.

But I would first look into other options. As for booklet imposition I have had good success with a small program called Bookbinder (it's preview function is bad, but the result looks ok).

Have a look in the wiki
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/PDF,_PostScript_and_Imposition_tools

utnik

hi johnny

when your work goes to a professional printshop, the imposition should be their job...
if you really have to do it, try jpdftweak...

utnik

JohnnyG

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will look into both programs. Appreciate the help.

JohnnyG

Bookbinder works and it cleared up the Master Page images as well. Many thanks!