border of image shows on pdf

Previous topic - Next topic

Piet Van Meerbeek

Hello, when I export my scribus files sometimes an unwanted line is visible in the pdf and on print. It seems to be the edge or border of the image. See the example in attachment.

It's not always so but still it's annoying and I don't know when it does or doesn't occur or why. Setting the quality of compression to minimum seems to avoid it sometimes. But off course I do not want a low quality compression so that doesn't help me a lot.

Thank you.

Piet

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi piet

it looks like an image with a black border wich lies only partially inside of the image frame.
for a closer look i would need the .sla file and the placed image...

utnik

Piet Van Meerbeek

OK. Here you are!

Piet

utnik

hi piet

this is a scribus file with 22 image frames, but without any of the images.
i need at least one of the images wich produce tis problem.

utnik

edit: i just extracted the image from your .pdf file. the .tiff image shows this black border on the top and right edge – is this a scanned drawing?

mnawij

utnik is correct, I extracted the image from the pdf as well and the lines are there.  I see this a lot when working with scanned images from my customers on a daily basis.  If you do not mind please upload 2 or 3 of your image files to place within the scribus file.

Thanks.

Piet Van Meerbeek

Thank you again for your efforts. And sorry it always takes while for me to come back to you but I don't often have the time to work on this.

Here are 3 of the images on this page. I have saved them as smaller jpg's though (originally TIF's) because they seemed to be too big for uploading.

I can also tell you that the scan is probably not the cause. These images have been drawn on 1 page, scanned altogether and then cut with GIMP. So the border of these images is not the border of the scan.

But the problem also occurs when I insert an image as a whole.

Good luck.

Piet

utnik

hi piet

now i can see your problem – the solution doesn't show up jet.
i'll try to figure it out as soon as i can catch a couple of free minutes...

utnik

utnik

hi piet

i did some testing and a rough serch in the xml-code. but i couldn't detect the reason for this strange lines.
the weird thing is:

• a new .sla file with your images doesn't produce the problem.
  • with other images in your .sla file i was unable to reproduce it...
only your file with two of the three images leads to borders on the right of the images...
can't help – sorry!

utnik

Piet Van Meerbeek

That's a pity. But thanks for your time!

Piet

utnik

hi piet

i just saw that the problem is fixed for future scribus versions – see bug id=12294

utnik

Piet Van Meerbeek

Wonderful! I'll have a look at it.

Thanks for remembering me.

Piet