math symbol/math equation support

Previous topic - Next topic

mkstreet

When I search through the Scribus Wiki about how to enter math symbols and math equations, I find Wiki (and bug reports) about this enhancement.  There is mention of a plug in, too.

All of them seem to say that this enhancement was completed/done back in 2007.

No where does it say, step by step, how to do this.....

As I read it, there is no native Scribus math equation editor, but there is support to do things in LaTex and then import those into your Scribus doc. 

But how to do this???

Nothing obvious in the Scribus menus like "import LaTex"... and/or nothing in the Scribus Wiki/docs to say how to get/install this plug-in (if that is needed?).

Thanks much, in advance.

John_Jason_Jordan

Quote from: mkstreet on June 14, 2011, 08:05:41 AMAs I read it, there is no native Scribus math equation editor, but there is support to do things in LaTex and then import those into your Scribus doc.

The tool you want is called a "render frame." However, render frames were introduced into the development version, not the stable version (currently 1.3.3.14). So if you have 1.3.3.14 you'll need to install the latest development version, which is 1.3.4 RC4. You can install them alongside each other if you like.

I hope that helps. If you need further help, post back which version and operating system you have.
Linguistics on Linux!

Meho R.

If you're familiar with LaTeX, this shouldn't be a problem: just create Render Frame > right click > Edit Source, then add/modify the text. And, when exporting the document to PDF, tick "Embed PDF & EPS files (EXPERIMENTAL)" so that LaTeX code doesn't get rasterized, but rather exported as vector.

Take a look here for infos.

Christen_Anderson

Just to avoid confusion...
Quote from: John_Jason_Jordan on June 14, 2011, 05:57:04 PM
So if you have 1.3.3.14 you'll need to install the latest development version, which is 1.3.4 RC4.
the latest development version is actually 1.4.0rc4  ;)
Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/