bad quality prints [white dots in text]

Previous topic - Next topic

utnik

hi piotr

in your first .pdf file there was a background color. but this time there isn't any such thing. and there aren't any white points in the text either...
it looks like some problem with your print job. at least the .pdf file is ok.

utnik

PiotrS

I printed the PDF file on two laser printers: OKI and HP P1005, using two different laptops with different operational systems. The results are the same. I presume that the problem is very basic but still cant figure it out. Maybe those two printers cant  read files made by scribus correctly.
"who dares wins"

GarryP

This problem has been bugging me since you first posted it because I've seen it before but it was many years ago and I can't for the life of me remember what it was. (It reminds me of how photos used to be printed in newspapers back in the 70s/80s but that's probably irrelevant.)

It's as though the output is getting badly rasterised before it gets to the printer's printing mechanism. As if it's trying to print grey by mixing large black dots while leaving white background gaps.

Anyway, I've a feeling that the problem isn't with Scribus but I can't be totally sure. There's just something about your scan image that rings a bell somewhere in the back of my mind. I wish my memory was better.

I know that's probably not much help at all but you might be looking for a solution in the wrong place. If anything springs to mind later I'll be sure to speak up.

P.S. Please tell me that you're not using some kind of "fast draft" print settings.

leaf

To check if Scribus is fault in this case, check pdf files from Adobe Illustrator and 2 from Scribus on Your printer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

The small dots look to me as some kind of dithering/rasterization, but I can not understand why you get it an noboby else.

A last guess would be that you somehow have installed an incorrect color profile, or have two levels of color management interfering with eachother.