Styles and italic

Previous topic - Next topic

gio

Hello!  :)

Here is my question:
I have a relatively long text, a chapter of a book.
I applied to the text a particular "Paragraph Style", with rules for the font, alignment, spaces between paragraphs, etc..
This text contains some words in italics. By "property" (Propriétés in french) window, I put some words or sentences in italics.
When I wanted to try a different font, I changed the font in "Style". All text has been changed, except ... the passages in italics! :o

As I will not repeat all the changes one by one, how to do?

In other words: how to keep the passages I have italicized in the same Style as the rest? (While retaining italics.)

Thank you in advance! ;D

utnik

hi gio

this won't work – you have to define a special character style and apply it to your italic text passages. so you may change the font for this style as well...
i don't know a shortcut for your actual work – sorry!

utnik

gio

And I have to do the same for everything which is in bold or for the figures that indicate a footnote page ?

utnik

yes, i think so – for every style you use, as long as you like to be able to change it in an easy way...
...but you may define some of the style as 'based on' another style, for example styles with the same font (but be aware, that regular, italic, bold and bold italic are four different fonts!)

utnik

a.l.e

bonsoir gio

yes, using character styles is the best solution for your problem...

if have only few chains of text frames, you can try using "rechercher et remplacer" to apply the new font.

have fun
a.l.e