Incomplete choice in "load from file" window

Previous topic - Next topic

koljas

:( When I wish to copy text from a file that is located my PCs  "documents" into a text box, I open the Scribus "story editor", go to "file" and chose "load from file". I find that my "documents" do pop up, but it is just a fraction of what I actually have on my computer. Why don't all of them show up? I have the same problem with my PCs "pictures" and  "desktop". What mystifies me is that the files that do not appear are of the same type as the ones that do show! Can anyone please tell me why this is happening?

utnik

hi koljas

are you sure that the missing files are real .sla documents?
if you're navigating to a file shortcut, scribus may not recognise it:

utnik

koljas

They are various word and jpg files that have been sent to me from a number of individuals. I am supposed to place them in a Journal that I will compose with Scribus. Some of the files show up, but most - don't. I can work around the text issue by copying and pasting. No problem. Images ARE a problem, because any cut and paste seriously deteriorates the image quality. If I can't get the image problem solved, I'm up the proverbial creek.

utnik

hi koljas

how do you import yor images?
usually you first create an image frame and fill it either with a double click or right click and 'get image'...

utnik

Nermander

Quote from: koljas on February 16, 2014, 10:02:46 PM
Images ARE a problem, because any cut and paste seriously deteriorates the image quality.

Have you tried generating a PDF with the images? Because Scribus uses low resolution previews when working with a document.