How to move in the doc while searching text ?

Previous topic - Next topic

gio

Hi people !  :)

I'm french, so I apologize for any errors of English. Maybe I will not use the appropriate technical terms (especially since I have a French version of Scribus), but I'll try to be as clear as possible in my questions. ;D

How to research text and move into the document at the same time?

Let me explain: I have a document that is over 300 pages, full text, and I have to correct a lot of stuff in it. The problem is that when I do a research, it can detect (and select) the text, but without the view! The document remains where it was when we opened the search window, even if the search text is located up or down. (I've never seen it on any software, usually, the searching function go directly on the detected text and show it so we can see it.)
Worse, we can not even move in the document while the search window is not closed! :o

If I have to open and close this window each time and every time moving in the document again, this document is over 300 pages, I'll spend my life it and lose an incredible time!

Can you help me ? :'(

Subsidiary questions:
Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch to preview mode?
How to hide the status bar at the bottom that displays the X and Y position of my cursor?

Thank you. ;D

(NB : I know...I realized maybe too late that I should correct the text BEFORE the layout, on another soft...)

GarryP

Hello gio.

I'm afraid I cannot answer the question about searching as I haven't used that function much myself but I can answer one of your other questions.

You can set a keyboard shortcut for Preview Mode - and many other functions - yourself. Just go to "Preferences / Keyboard Shortcuts" then scroll down to the "View" section. There you will see Preview Mode. Just set the key you want to use and Apply the change.

On your other matter, I don't think there is a way to stop the Status bar being displayed. I've never seen an option to do so, but I could be wrong.

gio

Thank you !

I think I found a solution by CTRL + T...

GarryP

Just out of interest, and for anyone else reading this, which issue was CTRL+T a solution for? And what OS are you using? (CTRL+T doesn't have any effect on my OS X installation.)

samps

Ctrl+T invokes the story editor. Is that what was the solution?

Samps

gio

Yes samps ! In french it is "Modifier le texte"...I guess it should be "Edit the text"...

And I use Debian. ;)