photoshop files

psd files
0 (0%)
photoshop
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

fabri

hello everybody,
I just installed Scribus, and I tried to open a PSD file and it was impossibile. Can anyone of you help?

toyotadesigner

PSD files are as far as I know not supported. Use a TIFF instead.

utnik

hi fabri

you can't open image files with scribus like you do it with an image editor, but you can import them into an image frame.

@toyotadesigner: this is the same procedure with with .psd, .tiff, .jpg, .png...

utnik

fabri

tks for your answer but wat i meant was tha I can't import a PSD file in an image frame Scribus jus show the name of the file.

tks

utnik

hi fabri

for questions like this one you should always include infos about the os and program version...
for me it works well on a mac os 10.6.8 with scribus 1.4.3 and with a bit an older 1.5.0 svn version.

if you're working with scribus 1.4.3 and the .psd files you try to import, you should file a report on bugs.scribus.net.

utnik

Nermander

Can you describe step by step how you tried to import the PSD?

Wena

Hi.

I always prepare photos in the program called Gimp, (it's free) from there I can produce the end result ready for Scribus. But your PSD format is often used in working with layers. If that is the case you might want to flatten the layers.

However, I suspect that the format is not your problem,  having just started using Scribus. To get a photo into your work you need to make a graphics frame. Then get the photo into the size you need. Don't forget that you also need it to be sufficient dot per inch. (dpi) that is 300 dpi. the easiest way   find it to first open the file in Inkscape and convert it to a svg format, that is a vector one.

Hope all this helps.

Wena D. Parry.
South Wales, U.K.