automatic pagination

Previous topic - Next topic

devilz

prejudice to all of the community scribus
I want to create a catalog e-commerce using this program do I need?
There is a video tutorial? There are scripts to speed up the process?

thanks for your help in advance! :)

GarryP

devilz, I don't understand what you are trying to do with Scribus.

Scribus is for creating "static" PDF files. I can't see what you would want it for if you were trying to create a catalogue for e-commerce. Wouldn't your website be your catalogue?

My, admittedly fairly basic, experience of e-commerce is that things move too quickly to produce catalogues that are of any use to anyone. Items are added and removed - and prices changed - so often that you'd have to spend more time updating the catalogue than actually doing business.

If you really do need to produce a PDF catalogue to go along with an e-commerce site I'd personally suggest not using Scribus. It simply doesn't have the tools to be able to publish things like that without someone putting in a whole lot of manual work. (You could use scripts to help to create your documents but you are looking at very business-specific and complex scripts that would need a lot of work to get right.)

I might have totally mis-understood you though.

Please explain more about what you are trying to do if I have mistaken your intentions.

devilz

ok I understand that you can not use scribus to create a catalog e-commerce
and that programs can I use?

GarryP

Sorry but I only use Scribus now so my knowledge in this area is quite a bit out of date.

However, if you do an internet search on "database publishing" you should be off to a good start.

And, I vaguely remember seeing some software that can create PDFs from website HTML+CSS, but I can't remember the name of it.

Maybe another forum member can be of more help.