PDF GENERATION does not work. Only blank pages are generated.

Previous topic - Next topic

astraelia

I have spent many days working on a project in Scibus 1.4.4, that I am using for the first time.
When I tried to do the final output in PDF, the result is BLANK PAGES with absolutely nothing in it...
This is a project for internet & email viewing only.
I have used only one font ARIAL. and some jpeg photos.
After making a PDF of 4 pages, when I tried to open this pdf with FOXIT 6.2.0 the PDF crashed in opening and I also got a message from windows XP saying there was somekind of windows crash also.

I then copied in a new Scribus document, the content of one page, and this time the pdf of one page worked fine...
--  But this has work only ONCE further attempts to generate a pdf from the same page have all end up as blank page.
-- i uninstalled scribus 1.4.0 to install the latest version scribus 1.4.4, but same problem exactly occurred.

Is this a limited DEMO of scribus that cannot output anything?
Does Scribus require additionnal resources, programs or whatever to be able to generate final PDF output?

A new user in distress...

Astraelia

utnik

hi astraelia

i don't know what went wrong with your file. but i could take a look at it, if you like.
for this i need your project files (.sla, images and used fonts... via 'file' → 'collect for output')

utnik

astraelia

I have tried to send you the collect for output attachments, by using the -- attachments and other options -- function. But it does not appear to work. I do not seein the forum my reply email with the attachments??

Astraelia

Nermander

Layers in Scribus can be set to "Do not print", that is IMO the most likely problem here. You might unintentionally have clicked the wrong spot and set your main layer to not be printed (then it will also not be exported to PDF).

http://documentation.scribus.net/index.php/Layers

utnik

hi astraelia

Quote from: astraelia on June 26, 2014, 01:21:42 AMI have tried to send...
...it does not appear to work.

if the zipped files are bigger than 4mb, you can't upload them here. in this case you could upload the files somewhere else (e.g. dropbox...) and provide a link.
but as nermander mentioned, check the 'print layer' box first.

utnik