embed PDF & EPS (experimental) when publish to pdf

Previous topic - Next topic

leaf

Hi,
What does mean embed PDF & EPS (experimental) when publish to pdf. I think about EXPERIMENTALL if it's dangerous in the printing process?

How this option works exactly? If works in another way than in the programs ID, QuarkXpress etc?

Regards

utnik

hi leaf

if you check this 'embed pdf & eps files' box, scribus won't touch your embedded .pdf files. if the box is unchecked, the file will be rendered as an image.
the experimental part is, that there's no color conversion on the embedded .pdf files – they should be converted into the right color space before you embed them...

utnik

leaf

Quote from: utnik on July 26, 2013, 10:10:27 PM
hi leaf

if you check this 'embed pdf & eps files' box, scribus won't touch your embedded .pdf files. if the box is unchecked, the file will be rendered as an image.
the experimental part is, that there's no color conversion on the embedded .pdf files – they should be converted into the right color space before you embed them...

utnik
Thanks utnik, so I hope that experimental will be permanently. I preffer to Scribus doesn't touch colors in pdf. I saw in 1.5 svn that Scribus can open for editable elements from pdf, it is good, but as the second option to choose.