How to 'preview' different fonts

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnB47

Edit: Sorry, sorry. I've just done a search and found an old post referring to a font previewer in 'Extras.' Exactly what I want. I'll leave this post here in case it helps anyone else.

Cheers.

Original post:

Hi.

I hope this is not to obvious a question and that I can explain it.

If you have text in a text frame, is there a way to easily see how that text would look in different fonts, by skipping through the fonts, rather than selecting them one at a time?

I know I can view 'text' in the text frames Properties and choose a different font in the dropdown but this is clunky. You need to click on the font dropdown, click on a new font, have a look at it, then click on the dropdown, click on another font, have a look at it etc etc. Very slow.

I'm thinking that it would be great to have the text font change as I use the keyboard down arrow to move through a font list - as each new font becomes highlighted, the text automatically changes to reflect that. Then when I get to one I like, I click off the list (or whatever). It's a bit like you can move quickly through layer effects in Photoshop, previewing each effect before choosing one.

Is that possible somehow?

Thanks.