images automatically resize when used as pattern

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenmr

This is my first time writing the forum, being a beginner with Scribus...

I am using an image uploaded from my computer to create a pattern, which I am using to fill outlined letters.  I have found that some images resize themselves when seen in the print preview or the file is exported into PDF.
I can't figure out what is the difference between the images that remain at the imported size, and those which automatically resize.  All of the images are JPegs, all of them in RGB, but some resize and some do not.  It is really frustrating because I cannot find any difference within the files, but apparently scribus does.

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!

Jenmr

To add, these same images used as patterns, which resize upon exportation to PDF, do NOT resize/change when imported into an image frame.  The only problem is when the images are used as patterns.  thank you!

Nermander

Now, if the images are the same, are the properties for the objects they fill the same? Not just under the Color tab, compare all properties.

Arran

I find, that most applications who are not primarily geared at image manipulation (like Scribus, Office-programs, also Facebook, Ebay, etc) have far inferior quality than by using Gimp (or similar) programs to prepare the pics exactly to I wnat to have. Finish all pics, patterns, etc in the image manipulation application and then import it into your Scribus.
Have you first consulted the Manual? You can probably find the solution there.

Happy Greetings from Scotland's nicest Holiday Island

Jenmr

I manipulated the original images first in photoshop, and only when I was done adjusting the brightness, depth, color management into CMYK, etc  did I import the image into the patterns on scribus.  Like I said, I have imported various different images into patterns, and even when the various patterns are used to fill the exact same object, some resize and change automatically upon conversion to PDF and some remain true to the size imported them in.  It has something to do with the how the files interact with the scribus pattern script...but I cannot find the differences in the files or how the scribus is reading them differently. 
Hope this all makes sense!  thank you all so much for your help

Nermander

File a bug report and attach sample files, to see what the devs say.